Sunday, August 26, 2012

Frugal Living

AS a crisp Sunday morning in late august is coming to an end, I cannot help but think of fall and how wonderful it is. Every year around this time I start to get ready to decorate with leaves and vibrant colors and I get ready to hunker down in my home for winter.
 
In the process of hunkering down for winter, I bring back old habits and activities that pass the bitter cold days away. The main habit in which I have talked about before is fugal living. Do you remember back in June when I posted five "cheapness tricks" I do? I preach how frugal living is great (even though I do not directly say it). Reusing or up cycling, coupons, coupon books are just a few topics that engulf this girls concentration during the bitter cold months.

Frugal living is when you take your money and try and stretch it as FARRRRRRRRRRRRRr as you can. A lot of people have had to become frugal, whether they decided to or not. Because of today’s day and age there are a TON of websites and guides on how to become frugal.

I chose to be frugal. Actually I love being frugal. To be honest I find that I am just plain old CHEAP! However, I am quite ok with this. I do spend money but I always think about the cost and item before I do. I have a common ritual that I fulfill before purchasing any item. I use all research tools I can before purchasing.

Just because I love being frugal doesn’t mean I don’t ever have a compulsive buying moment or buy an item just because. D and I still splurge and buy items we want instead of NEED. However, because of our frugal living we are able to buy items that we want. Take for instance: When we save money on gas, groceries, and hygiene products we are able to put in a fence around part of our yard. When we save money on the same items along with shopping around for the same product fence but at the cheapest location we are then able to buy materials to finish our basement.

Frugal living can be fun and educational at the same time. To help show that frugal living can be fun (and of course how to be frugal) I invited a guest blogger to post, I also will take you in my home once again to show how I am frugal and how I have fun with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment