Sunday, December 18, 2011

Money

Hello Friends,
With the buying of a house and the holidays nearing money has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been pondering this subject for the past hour to only come up empty handed and not understanding how we are going to make it.
D and I are very blessed to have jobs that enable us to do things such as buy a house. However, when it comes right down to it the simple question is HOW IN THE WORLD DO PEOPLE DO IT?  I think it is funny how we both sat there a few nights ago and explained to each other how “we did not need something” LOL. The conversation was about the cable bill; in my mind I could care less about HD TV (gasp!). However, I love, love my DVR and D loves his HD. After the conversation of him saying we can cancel my DVR and me saying who cares about HD we both decided that we would give it one more month and see how we are then. All because we COULD NOT live without cable! (What’s this world coming to?)
I realize that every once in a while I would buy a few items for my apartment or myself but in the scheme of things I truly am cheap. I still have the cheapness but I have found that I have become cheaper. An example is in years past I buy myself a little something for Christmas (SHOESSSSS), instead this year I refrained. I have also realized D has become the same way; he really justifies his purchase to himself. Heck a few weeks ago we did not buy a broom that we truly did need because it was $3 less at Wal-Mart.
I realize that everything is new and there is a lot we want to do RIGHT NOW, but once we get a hold of everything we will be just fine. That’s when people will be asking us how we did it rather than us asking our friends HOW ARE YOU MAKING IT?!!?!?!?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment