Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cheapness Part Four

Because I am cheap I have found ways to help save and cut costs on items that are expensive or just unjustifiable in my head.
1.       For starters I make sure to not waste any food!
2.       I do not waste any soaps, or other bottled material
3.       Coupon, Coupon, Coupon
4.       Reuse, Reuse, Reuse
5.       Recycle
Ah, we are now getting into a topic that I could go on and on and on about. However to spare everyone’s eyes and boredom over my rambling I will try to stay to the point and be quick.
Reuse is a very common term in the “green” world. As most of you know I am part of that green world and I get filled with excitement when we reuse something. Not only is reusing good for the environment reusing is good for your pocket book.
If most of you have been following my blog or have talked to me now that D and I have been remodeling our house and reusing a lot of items that were already in the house, gathered up, or already owned.  Some examples occur in current posts such as Planters 101 and As Promised.
I explain how we re-used items that we already had to help keep cost down and yet help bring nice charm into our home or outdoors.
In our case we have been re-using items to update our home, however, there are many other items you can do. Here are some examples: Tea-Cup Lights, Turning a T-shirt into a vest, or Recycle a wine bottle.
As I said above this is a topic I could go on and on about, but like I promised I kept it short. I do love to re-use and I hope you do too.
How do you re-use? What do you re-use? Any good websites to give ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment