Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Little Down Time

A rough night sleep and two cups of coffee later, I still have a head ache and back ache while  I'm longing for sleep. I already have a load of laundry in the washer, Roxie dog was taken out and fed, I unloaded dishes from my sink and stripped the bed for new sheets. All of this before I decided to sit down and write today.

Even though my sleepless night basically undid my uneventful relaxing evening I still feel a bit relaxed and a little clearer on how to handle a few things.

Last night after finding out the hubs was heading "to town" with one of his "homeboys" I had an evening to my self. What to do What to do What to do???? I could work on crafts for my new business, I could take an hour long bath with out an interruption, I could call a friend, read, I could wash dishes in silence. However after talking to my mom and saying and I quote "I dont want to do anything....I'm so tired....I've been working hard and still have a ton to do..." She said oh dear everyone needs a night to unwind. If your hubby wants to unwind with his homeboys as you call them you most definitely can unwind with a glass of wine and the TV remote. (ok so I added the glass of wine!)

That is just, what I did. I put some comfy clothes on, put the wet laundry in the dryer, took the dog out, grab a bag of chips, a nice cup of decaf coffee, and D's snuggy..... Roxie and I laid on the couch watching one episodes of Bones, one episode of NCIS,one episode of Castle, two episodes of Big Bang Theory and one episode of Criminal Minds. I managed to catch up on most all of my shows in one night.

It was very peaceful and quiet. I did not think about heading to work, what to cook for dinner, who or what needed taken care of next, does he have socks clean... NOTHING... Just me... Yes I even painted my nails....

Sometimes a girl has to have a little down time. Depending on your personality depends on what your down time consists of. For me a nice night of TV, Roxielu and the couch was all I needed to fullfill my relaxation time.

Like I said above, I ended up having a decently rough sleep last night and while I am still recovering from that I am lucky enough to have the Steelers play this afternoon. Because of this it will be a quiet afternoon in the T house hold. (perfect time to relax and catch up on a few computer things!)




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I am following you back!

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! And I look forward to reading your blog!

      Thank you for following me!

      Delete
  2. I have so much to do as well and my interest level on getting anything done. I totally understand. I can only stand things out of place for a brief amount of time and then I turn into super housewife and get it all done. New follower from the Monday Mingle.

    http://itsthelittlethings-ash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Super housewife mode is AWESOME when it kicks in. However, make sure to stay tuned for future posts on how I have chanced my "crazy housewife cleaning mode" into a few minutes a day "super housewife"!

      Thanks for stopping buy!
      Mrs. T

      Delete
  3. Down time is nice...but all too rare for me! Especially lately, I do need to someday find some time to just relax! Usually I like being busy but it's been a little much, even for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE being busy. However, A day to do nothing...or should I say a day in which I do not HAVE to do anything is a wonderful feeling!

      Thanks for stopping buy!
      Mrs. T

      Delete