Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sleeping Habits

The confusing part of being back to the grind is my sleeping habits. When I was in Hawaii we were up at 7:00Am every day and in bed by 10:00-11:00 every night and I felt very rested! Now that we are back its to bed between 10:00 and 2:00 and awake every morning by 10:00 or noon. (know this is different if I'm on midnight) I really wish I could figure out why. Is it the sun? the relaxation we had? The idea of not having to do anything??? (Oh did I mention I never set an alarm when I was there either!)

When I was there I also did not take my vitamin D... Wish I could say the same for here....

I want to believe that it is completely my work habits that are calling me to have odd sleeping habits however, I am starting to think that it is this state.....   

How do I fix this??? Every article I read explains to have the same "bed time" every night and to get up every morning at the same time. This would be perfect except for my shift work. They also explain to not watch tv in bed or read in bed. In which we do not have a tv in our room and I do not read very much before I go to bed. So I am at a loss of what to do.

It is a strive to get a lot of sleep for me. I go to bed tired and wake up tired. I even went to the Dr. for this and was told its completely my lack of vitamin D. So when I started taking vitamin D it still did nothing! I also have a bad habit of sleeping threw alarms. Like real bad! I set three of them to wake up so I am not late for work.  

What do you think? What is your fix? More Vitamins? More sleep? Alarms???

2 comments:

  1. I can help! Melatonin can help you fall asleep. There is are two other products I've heard great things about: Natural Calm and Calm's Forte. All these can be ordered or you can look at the Health Hut in Chippewa. I take a B-12 supplement in the morning and it gives me a little extra boost of energy. Good luck, shift work is hard on a body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A B-12 supplement... This sounds very interesting...I new D helped give your body a "jolt" but not B-12....

      Delete