Sunday, December 2, 2012

Today truly was nice.




When we last talked I explained how my weekend started this morning at 7am. I did come home and headed to bed, the alarm went off at 3:00pm and a grunt came out of me… The one that tells you that you didn’t get enough sleep.

I got out of bed and started to get ready. Off to dinner with my mom and sister.

The evening did not go according to plan. None the less it was still nice. We had hoped for a sit down dinner at a local mom and pop restaurant, the most famous in town. They are open on Sundays or so we thought…. As we pulled into the parking lot there was not a sole in site.

While we did not give up and started heading to all the other known restaurants in town, we came to find they were all closed but the fast food places. So, the nice sit down dinner we had hoped ended up being at Subway with coffee afterwards at McDonald's.

With our belly’s full and two hours of conversation and catching up we headed to the church to start our Christmas season.

The play was great, kids and teens running around, music and singing plentiful. It was a great production offered by a local church and one that I feel everyone should experience at least once in their life. Honestly my favorite part of the play was at the beginning. Children all ages started running through the church, singing a glory full song while lighting candles and decorating the “hall”. 

I had a great time hanging out with my mom and sister. It was nice for it to be just us girls, I miss that!

Well folks, I am off to bake some more pine cones before D gets home. We all know how his allergies flare up because of the pine smell…..or so he tells me…… We shall see how many I get done tonight, tiredness is lurking! 


No comments:

Post a Comment